The Transformation Road Activity & Task gives students an opportunity demonstrate mastery using rotations, reflections, and translations to move an object from one location to another on a coordinate plane. Students will model two separate movement paths using transformations and document these movements using function or coordinate notation. Students will then create an equation or function to describe the movement they created. These findings will be shared with a classmate for collaboration on the similarities, differences, and variables involved. The Transformation Road Activity & Task supports deeper student understanding in the use of transformations, while investigating the outcomes produced by different choices.
1. Create two transformation roads.
2. Model transformation movement.
3. Document transformation movement using notation.
4. Design an equation or function to describe movement.
5. Collaboratively compare and contrast findings with classmate.
For more Project Based Learning with Mathematics available at my store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Absolute-Value. This project was created and provided by Absolute Value.